elcome to Training magazine's first-ever Show Dailies. In today's Show Daily, we give a quick look at some innovative products and services showcased by exhibitors, in addition to articles covering technology topics near and dear to trainers' hearts—virtual worlds, learning management systems, and e-learning.
But the big news is the announcement of the 11 winners of our first Training Technology in Action Awards. Thank you to all who submitted TIA applications (it was a tight competition), and congratulations to the winners. Their submitted projects demonstrated great innovation and vision. The awards were judged on purpose, technology choices, alignment with learning strategy, implementation excellence, innovation, efficiency and/or business improvements, and learning impact/results. Don't miss the November/December 2007 issue of Training, which will reveal highlights of these projects, along with judges' comments.
Thanks also to our judges, who devoted many hours to reviewing applications and supporting materials:
- Judy Albers, senior learning strategy and technology consultant, Intrepid Learning Solutions
- Pat Alvarado, independent learning consultant, E-Learning Engineering
- Judy Brown, strategic analyst, ClickSolv
- Sonya Calooy, senior learning design professional, Shell Learning
- Bryan Chapman, chief learning strategist, Chapman Alliance LLC
- Andrew Chemney, developer/consultant
- Jay Cross, chief scientist, Internet Time Group
- Jennifer De Vries, president, BlueStreak Learning
- Gary Dickelman, president/CEO, EPSScentral LLC
- Dan Douglas, president, Douglas Consulting
- Paul Drexler, account manager, learning and development group, Bechtel
- Margaret Driscoll, learning and development consultant, IBM Business Consulting Services
- Conrad Gottfredson, knowledge management consultant
- Charles Jennings, global head of learning, Reuters, UK
- Tom King, chief consultant, Mobilemind
- Michael McGinnis, training manager, Bose Corporation
- Angela van Barneveld, program manager, Cognos Inc.
Questions or editorial ideas? Please visit Training Booth #225.