Deciding what to put in your latest course, and the order it should be presented in, is no easy feat. Here are some design do's:
- Use the ADDIE (Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, Evaluate) instructional design model, but also customize your course design approach so it makes sense given your company's culture and work style.
- When designing e-learning, create a standard template that can be used more than once, along with reusable content pieces.
- Include a train-the-trainer component when necessary, so your stellar design won't be wasted by a less-than-stellar delivery.
- Give instructional designers themselves a leg up with a formal, in-house instructional design course.
- Make strategies for keeping learners engaged part of every program you design.